1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrade from 8.5.6 to Plesk 9.0

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by KimHart, Dec 3, 2012.

1. KimHart

KimHart New Pleskian

Hi,
    I upgraded from 8.5.6 to 9.0. My intention was to upgrade step by step but probably I should have upgraded straight to 9.5???

Now there is no automatic upgrade inside the Plesk Panel and I lost the Horde webmail application. Meanwhile, I've installed Squirrelmail.

System: Linux 2.6.9 on Intel Xeon. VPS.

It seems to me that 9.0.0 is not fully working (webmail), however, I've noticed performance improvement. How can I (and should I) upgrade to 9.5?

Thx.

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    What is the hidden reason for upgrade to very-very old Plesk version? Why you did not upgrade to latest 11 version?

3. KimHart

KimHart New Pleskian

Hi,

First of all, the option to update to Plesk 11 was not available inside the Plesk updater.
    Secondly, I was not sure if it would affect an old Joomla web site on V1.5.17.
    Thirdly, I didn't know if the license for Plesk was extendible to Plesk 11.