• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade from 9.3 to 9.5.2

Smartnet

Basic Pleskian
Upgrade requirements from 9.3 to 9.5.2

Dear all,
we're thinking of doing this upgrade but to be honnest...we're really afraid of what problems we're gonna encouter. We would like to ask you if there's i minimum recuired disk space in order to do this upgrade from version 9.3.0 to 9.5.2.. - In case we have domain FTP backups in our personal FTP repository , is it safe to use this FTP repository after the upgrade to restore a domain? (if it has errors)

Best Regards,
Andrew

Last edited:
You should just run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller for performing upgrade. All distributive packages will be downloaded to /root/psa directory by default. Then all installed packages will be upgraded with corresponding new packages from mentioned folder. Therefore you should have enough disk space in / partition for Plesk distributive at least.

Thank you for your response , but how much space is required (minimum) by the autoinstaller in order to upgrade successful all nesscary packages? - I'm asking because a few months ago we experienced a serious error from autoupgrade since there was insufficient disk space to run normally.

I cant say how much free diskspace should be there exactly. For example:

# du -hs /root/parallels/PSA_9.5.2/
608M /root/parallels/PSA_9.5.2/

So, let's say that there is should be 1-2Gb at least in / partition if you haven't separate partition for /tmp

Back