• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade - I need help

John Fleming

Basic Pleskian
Hi Guys,

I have a VPS running Plesk 9.3.0 in Parallels and I need to upgrade PHP in order to support applications such as Joomla 1.6+

My problem is I have about 40 domains hosted on that server and I am unsure exactly what I need to update and what will break.

Details of my server are below, if someone could please tell me if I need to upgrade PHP and MySQL and whatever else, and possible problems this may cause. Any pointers on how to do this would be great.

Plesk 9.3.0
2.2.3-43.el5.centos
Linux 2.6.18-028stab070.14
MySQL 5.0.77-4.el5_4.2
PHP 5.1.6-27.el5

Let me know if you need any further info, but this has me scared crapless!!

Cheers
John

Last edited:
Thanks Igor, But does not help me much. I know "how" to do it (so to speak)! I have read a few step by steps, but what I can't seem to find the answers too are...

Does MySQL need to be upgraded?
Does the OS need to be upgraded?
Can I just upgraded PHP - Will that break anything etc etc.

It is fine to just follow the steps on that page, but I have no clue what the "outcome" will be!

Plesk doesn’t ship client’s PHP, it only downloads it from original OS vendor repo. Therefore upgrade of PHP is just upgrade of one of system component.

If it is necessary you can upgrade MySQL or something else separately.

Back