• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Upgrade MariaDB

Status
Not open for further replies.
...The only limit I see is in your inability to understand what I want...
...My assumption here...
....based on your excuses...
Posts like that one, that are formulated purely from (incorrect) assumptive accusations only... might be why forums sometimes, don't provide the type of answers that you are looking for.

Those who have lost the debate inevitably revert to false accusations.

Long and short is that my remaining question, about implementing a command, was never answered. I must assume you cannot answer it and this you resort to smoke and mirrors.

Please leave this thread and leave it for someone who CAN answer the question.

@Gene Steinberg You may have noted that we first posted on this thread on the 16/9/2019, so there doesn't appear to be any valid reason to leave it really.

As stated previously, "...It's a forum. You can express your own frustration / views as much as you wish..."
That still applies (fortunately for some) even if this amounts to nothing more than bombastic, blustering, self-focused, twaddle.

Meantime, back on to the topic of problem resolution.

For the benefit of other forum users, specifically, those Plesk Obsidian users who may have inadvertently (or by choice) upgraded to MariaDB 10.4.* (unsupported by Plesk at the time of this post) we're sure it would be much appreciated, if, you could post your own, chosen method of successful resolution and then your subsequent, confirmed successful use of Plesk Obsidian running on Maria DB 10.4.* too. Unless... those specific details are posted by another user in advance. You've disregarded all of our contributions so far (which is absolutely fine - it's a forum ;) after all ) so obviously, it can't be us that make that detailed post now.

In my forums, trolls are quickly banned. You should be grateful the folks at Plesk are more tolerant.

I’ll set up a new thread and start from where I left off. As William Shatner once said, “get a life.”

Gene

I finally got a solution, but not from here. The one posted in these forums contained incorrect SQL commands that could have wrecked my Plesk installation. I will not say it was deliberate, but I am not terribly happy with the way this forum handles questions from people seeking advice.

Gene Steinberg

I finally got a solution, but not from here. The one posted in these forums contained incorrect SQL commands that could have wrecked my Plesk installation. I will not say it was deliberate, but I am not terribly happy with the way this forum handles questions from people seeking advice.

Gene Steinberg
You must understand that the forum is not technical support, but a community of people who help each other. Nobody owes anything to anyone here. You came up with a question about how to make an unsupported component work. This is usually answered with a link to the official Software Requirements list and advice to use a supported version. On these similar questions end. The community tried to help you use your unsupported version against all the rules because you insisted. No one guarantees the correct operation of unsupported components and you have been honestly warned about this. All further responsibility for using such a component lies solely with you. If you are not satisfied with the community’s attempts to help you and the rules of this community, you can leave it and contact the official Plesk technical support. But your request for support for a component that is not on the official Software Requirements list will be definitely rejected there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back