• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Upgrade MySQL + Install Elasticsearch + PHP libraries

BNB

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am using Plesk Onyx v17.0.17 on CentOS 7 and I am quite new to command line but I need a few configurations done:

1) My MySQL is showing 5.5 and I would like to upgrade it to 5.6.
I wasn't able to following the instructions here because I have no idea how to point "4. Add MariaDB repository".

2) I also need to install elasticsearch 2.3.4 - it really needs to be this version. Any idea on how to accomplish this?

3) I need to install the following PHP libraries on PHP 5.6: mcrypt, gd, intl, mbstring, pdo, pdo_mysql, exif, apcu/apc
How can I do this?

If I can do any of the above from Plesk itself (without using command line), I would prefer as I am not too familiar with ssh. However, if it is as simple as following instructions and commands on SSH, I guess I can do this.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thank you all.

All these points should be done only in command line interface, no way to do it through Plesk UI.
Instructions are pretty simple and discussed on this forum many times, just use powerful forum search engine.
It is very difficult to give you exact step-by-step instructions because there are many different conditions, factors, specific configurations, installed or not installed necessary packages can be on your server, etc.
Therefore, if you are not familiar enough with Linux command line operation, I would suggest you hire experienced Linux expert for performing this configuration or contact Plesk Support Team.

Thank you Igor.

At this moment, all I need is to upgrade MySQL. It says I have MySQL 5.5 but I need to have either MySQL 5.6 or MariaDB 10.0.27

Is there a quick tutorial to have this upgraded either through Plesk UI or through SSH?

Thank you

Hi Maxime,

Unfortunately I get stuck on step 4 (on CentOS 7) with the following:

E325: ATTENTION

Found a swap file by the name "/etc/yum.repos.d/.MariaDB10.repo.swp"

owned by: root dated: Sat May 13 09:30:12 2017

file name: /etc/yum.repos.d/MariaDB10.repo

modified: YES

user name: root host name: marketing.middlelinks.com

process ID: 24631

While opening file "/etc/yum.repos.d/MariaDB10.repo"

(1) Another program may be editing the same file. If this is the case,

be careful not to end up with two different instances of the same

file when making changes. Quit, or continue with caution.

(2) An edit session for this file crashed.

If this is the case, use ":recover" or "vim -r /etc/yum.repos.d/MariaDB10.repo"

to recover the changes (see ":help recovery").

If you did this already, delete the swap file "/etc/yum.repos.d/.MariaDB10.repo.

swp"

to avoid this message.

"/etc/yum.repos.d/MariaDB10.repo" [New File]

Press ENTER or type command to continue

Did you already tried to edit this file (not today but another day) and your session crashed ?

Can you try to type
ps -p 24631
It will display what is actually used by the prcoessus written in the error message

Regards

The result is:

PID TTY TIME CMD

And, at the moment, all my websites are not working after running these steps.

Hi Maxime,

That gives me the following error:

[root@marketing ~]# vim -r /etc/yum.repos.d/MariaDB10.repo
-bash: vim: command not found

Back