• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade PHP 5.1.6 to 5.3.2 in Plesk Linux 9.5

Helen Pang

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

We just upgraded the server from Plesk Panel Linux 8.6 to 9.5, but I noticed the PHP version in 9.5 still showing

5.1.6-23.2.el5_3

Can we upgrade the version to 5.3.2? Any risk for doing so as the PHP is integrated with Plesk? Please also advice the steps.

Thanks.

Regards,
Hostpro2u

There's an error below when we tried to upgrade to PHP 5.3.2 follow your link above. Please advice.

Error Downloading Packages:
tzdata-java-2010i-1.el5.x86_64: failure: RPMS/tzdata-java-2010i-1.el5.x86_64.rpm from updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
krb5-workstation-1.6.1-36.el5_5.4.x86_64: failure: RPMS/krb5-workstation-1.6.1-36.el5_5.4.x86_64.rpm from updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
lcms-1.18-0.1.beta1.el5_3.2.i386: failure: CentOS/lcms-1.18-0.1.beta1.el5_3.2.i386.rpm from base: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
grep-2.5.1-55.el5.x86_64: failure: CentOS/grep-2.5.1-55.el5.x86_64.rpm from base: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
libsmbclient-3.0.33-3.29.el5_5.x86_64: failure: RPMS/libsmbclient-3.0.33-3.29.el5_5.x86_64.rpm from updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try

Hello IgorG.
We have here at our company a new Dedicated Server R200 with the Latest Stable Built of plesk running (9.5.2). And the machine is at hosteurope (in Köln, Germany). I am their client now for 4 years and i am very happy with their service. The new server went online last saturday and i discouvered that it has running: PHP Version 5.2.6-1+lenny9
and i really would like to upgrade to 5.3.x. But i read in many places that the new Plesk enviroment doesn´t supports it well. I really would like to have your feedback on this, before asking the tecnichians to compile the newest php version on that server.
Can you indicate to me how to procede?
Awaiting your news,

Regards,
Paco

Will it work 100% safe / correctly?

Dear Daniel..

Many thanks for your reply.! ! ! :)

Many thanks for the link. Will investigate this carefully.
Do you have any experience / idea if the latest plesk stable built (9.5.2) will work 100% properly with all the parts?
Hosting, Horde/atmail, apache, mysql, zend, etc?

Hoping to hear from you.
Regards,
Paco

hi

do you have succeeded to upgrade to 5.3.2 on plesk9.5, if yes could you please send me procedure, specialy option of configure
regards

I'm using plesk 9.5.2 and I could upgrade to php 5.3.3 and mysql 01.05.1951 clear that you have to also update the zend optimizer, ioncube loader and eaccelerator.
use CentOS, well after investigation and with the help of some threads from here and others have successfully put into operation on php and mysql to the latest version and fully integrated with Plesk at least works for me.
I still have a detail I have to fix but does not directly affect or at least do not see it affecting them.

the process I followed is as follows:

wget-q-O - http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic.sh | sh

yum update

Here we need to see the zend. ioncube loader, eaccelerator, etc. ..

yum list php (to see what the rpm I do better on the list and going with my system that I make the following process)

yum install php. XXX

now the process with those who are in testing

Step 1: yum - enablerepo = atomic-testing list php (get the list and install the appropriate rpm)

Step 2: yum - enablerepo = atomic-testing install php.XXX (install the rpm list and so we need Step 1 and 2 is repeated with additions as the ioncube-loader, eaccelerator, but has given me the zend one problem is that I have not been installed with the 5.3 so I'm investigating it.

when we finish this process with both the php and mysql to see that in some cases it may be that if you proceed to install any CMS from plesk or from FTP or web script will install a problem that I delete a table in the database mysql. The mysql.server. if you do not because nothing has happened has happened but if you proceed to do the following:

create a file for example table.txt in which we include the following:

CREATE TABLE `servers` (
Server_name `` char (64) NOT NULL,
`Host` char (64) NOT NULL,
`Db` char (64) NOT NULL,
`Username` char (64) NOT NULL,
`Password` char (64) NOT NULL,
`Port` int (4) DEFAULT NULL,
`Socket` char (64) DEFAULT NULL,
Wrapper `` char (64) NOT NULL,
`Owner` char (64) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`Server_name`)
) ENGINE = MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8 COMMENT = 'MySQL Foreign Servers table';

we go to plesk and mysql administrator enter and search the database called mysql entered it and import the file you have created so you create the table has been cleared and now we have everything working again.

I hope I have helped, it has worked for me as is my

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

We've just upgraded the PHP version from 5.1.6 to 5.2.17-1.el5.art but we've received complaints from customer that their website having problem to connect to external MySQL DB (cause we don't use the local MySQL server)

The error seems like : the php library version is different with the existing mysql version

Any advice what can we do on this?

How do we reverse back to old PHP version if still cannot fix?

Thanks.

Back