• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

upgrade php 5.2.13 to php 5.3 or later

decaPeter

New Pleskian
Hello,

i'm trying to upgrade the PHP version from 5.2.13 to a new 5.3 or 5.4

But, while i replace the "/Plesk/additionnal/PleskPHP5" folder with a new version (with a copy of the original php.ini) i have a 500 error on all pages.

I've tried 5.3/5.4 thread/no thread and reboot server on all try.

Can i use directly a php version from php.net or do i have to use a specific version from plesk ?

Thank you for your help.

decaPeter,

I suggest you to take a look on Windows Event logs. Perhaps there will be some errors connected to php.
Also it is good idea to check ownership an permissions of new PHP folders. It must be same as in "/Plesk/additional"

i've already checked ownership permissions and its the same as the original PHP5 folder...
i have succesfully read the phpinfo file without 500 error :) but all other pages are in 500 error (phpmyadmin, joomla, own script)

strange?

If you are sure that your PHP script with phpinfo() works, then these '500' errors could be connected with PHP extensions.

Plesk supplies compatible PHP extension libraries for particular OS (bitness, tool that used as compiler/linker == VS9, as example).
If you are using not compatible PHP extension libraries, then PHP scripts will crash on run-time.

You can try to disable PHP extensions (say, php_mysql.dll) and then try to open joomla.

Then you should check IIS error log and Windows events for details.

yes, i have specific extensions like ffmpeg installed with the old PHP5.2. Maby i have you disable all old specific extensions to test the new version 5.3?

thank you again for your help.

now i can run php5.3.23 but the MySQL connection is down. i have a message "#2000 mysql connection forbidden" on phpmyadmin when i try to login.

Maby that's why i have a 500 error on all websites???

ok so... i have new information. I can now lunch and use phpmyadmin and all websites BUT with a mySQL user with no password.

It seems to be a problem of mysql users passwords. So i can use phpmyadmin with the user without password but when i try to change the password of other users, it doesn't work!
Do you know why all mysql password are broken? I read something about hash 16 char or 41char. (i have MySQL 5)

can you help me please?

Back