• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade PHP to 5.0.1 on Plesk 7 on Win2003

I

I-Web

What do I need to do to upgrade PHP to 5.0.1 using Plesk 7 on Windows 2003.

Do I simply install it into the current Plesk PHP directory?

Saying that, that's what I've just done and I get the phpinfo script working fine.

I would appreciate any feedback on this upgrade however, if you've upgrade and expereinced problems..

Download the PHP 5.0.1 zip package, copy all the files in this package to SWsoft/Plesk/PHP and paste all the files..

after that go to START--> RUN and write there
websvrmng --reconfigure -all

That's all.

You might not want to install PHP5 on 7.0
This is what they told me when I asked to update my PHP to the newest one.

Me:
Can I update my PHP to the newest one?
I know in 6.5 it was not a big deal, just not sure in 7.0

Plesk Support:
Plesk 7 for windows supports all version of PHP4, but not support PHP5. It will plane in Plesk 7.5 for windows.

So you might run in to some big problems
Just an FYI
Do as you wish

Peace,
Dubie

running 4.3.10, going to upgrade to 4.4 soon
as mentioned, should not install 5.0 on plesk 7.0

I've just installed PHP 5.0.4 into a c:\php folder on the server but plesk is having some problems. for example it cannot detect php service installed.

Download the PHP 5.0.1 zip package, copy all the files in this package to SWsoft/Plesk/PHP and paste all the files..

after that go to START--> RUN and write there
websvrmng --reconfigure -all

That's all.

Are you positive that this will do the trick?

Yesterday we had lots of problems with domains that stopped working and the only way we where able to fix this was to set a separate application pool for each domain.

I have little or no knowledge at all about plesk and I'm a little bit scared to mess with it and loose all the accounts that the company has here.

P.S. Webmail still doesn't work and I don't know how to fix it.

Back