• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade PHP without yum

RexGoode

New Pleskian
I'm so new and confused that I don't even know if I'm asking this in the right place. My hosting company is jumpline.com. I've been with them for years and recently upgraded all of my web sites. I would like to tell you versions of Plesk and Parallels, but I don't know how to find them.

Most of my websites are based on WordPress, whose latest version, 3.2.1, requires PHP 5.2.4. What is currently installed is 5.1.6. Jumpline doesn't like to help with things like "how to upgrade". Worse than that, everything I read about upgrading on Centos 5.6 talks about using "yum", which for whatever reason, jumpline seems to disable yum.

So, if I can't get them to enable yum, how do I upgrade PHP? If I can't go that route, how do I enable yum if they won't? I have open tickets with jumpline support, but haven't heard back.

Rex

Back