• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade Plesk 10.4.4 PHP Version

Cameron_W

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm trying to update Plesk 10.4.4 from PHP 5.2.17 to PHP 5.3 and when I run the Update, I get the following error message:

Error: Unable to proceed with the installation until the package php-ioncube-loader-1:4.2.2-2.el5.art.x86_64 is removed from the system.

If I SSH into the server and try to remove the php-ioncube-loader - using:
yum remove php-ioncube-loader

it asks me if I want to remove 29 other dependacies and I don't want to do that...

Any suggestions?

How are you trying to do the php upgrade? Via the Plesk Updater? If so, it could be trying to upgrade to the stock Centos5 php 5.3 as opposed to the Atomic (ART) 5.3 (you are using the Atomic 5.2.x).

In fact the same thing may happen if you try to upgrade via the command line with the Atomic repo disabled.

I suggest posting in the Atomic forum as someone there will almost certainly have encountered this issue. I'm afraid I've never tried to go from Atomic 5.x to a stock 5.x so other than removing that troublesome RPM with the nodeps option (which I suspect is the way, though I won't say it is safe to do so) I'm not sure exactly what you need to do.

When you post, be sure to say exactly how you are trying to upgrade and which version (stock or atomic) you want to upgrade to.

Back