• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Upgrade plesk 8.6 to 9.2

N

Nigel K

Hello..

Does any one know how to upgrade plesk 8.6 to 9.2.. Please explain the complete steps..

I think the best way to know that is reading the upgrade instruction in http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Windows/9.2.1/plesk_9.2.1_build090420.16.htm#3

Following a copy of 'upgrade instructions' from the parallels documentation:

3. Upgrade Instructions

IMPORTANT: Make sure you upgrade all installed components when upgrading to Parallels Plesk Panel 9.2.1. This is required to avoid conflicts caused by outdated components.

IMPORTANT: If you are upgrading Parallels Plesk Panel on a intensively used hardware node, it is strongly recommended to use the following PVC parameters for the upgrade:

vprvmem (virtual memory) - 700
numproc (number of processes) - 100

After the upgrade is finished, these parameters should be set to their old values.

If you have Plesk version earlier than 8.1.x installed on your machine, you need to upgrade it to Plesk 7.6.1 first, migrating all data, upgrade it to Plesk 8.1, and then run the Parallels Plesk Panel 9.2.1 installer. Refer to Plesk 8.1 Release Notes for additional information if you want to upgrade your Sitebuilder delivered with Plesk 7.6.1.

If your machine has Plesk 8.1.x, 8.2.x, 8.3.x, 8.4.x or 8.6.x installed, you will be prompted to upgrade existing Plesk installation to Parallels Plesk Panel 9.2.1 after running the installer.

Parallels Plesk Panel 9.2.1 for Windows includes Sitebuilder 4.5 in the distribution package, but your Sitebuilder 2.x or 3.x installation will not be upgraded automatically. If you want to upgrade your Sitebuilder installation, add the following key to the command line of EXE installer when installing Parallels Plesk Panel 9.2.1: WSB_UPGRADE=force

If you have used SiteBuilder 2.0.5 with earlier versions of Plesk, you can migrate web sites created in SiteBuilder 2.0.5 to SiteBuilder 4.5 after you upgrade your Plesk to Parallels Plesk Panel 9.2.1.

To successfully migrate web sites created in SiteBuilder 2.0.5 to SiteBuilder 4.5:

1. Install SiteBuilder 4.5:
* Go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, select Parallels Plesk Panel 9.2.1 for Windows in the list of available programs and click Change.
* Make sure that Modify option is selected, click Next >, select SiteBuilder 4.5 for Windows component in Parallels Plesk Panel Core group for installation and click Next >.
2. Run sitebuilder.exe utility located in the folder where Parallels Plesk Panel is installed with the following parameters:
* To migrate all available web sites, run "sitebuilder.exe --migrate2to3"
* To migrate all web sites from a domain of your choice, run "sitebuilder.exe --migrate2to3 -domain_name <domain name>, where <domain name> is the name of the required domain. The websites will be imported to SiteBuilder 4.5.

I have another issue..

I cant locate the plesk admin site in IIS. I searched the entire IIS but there was no such entry. Anyway, the plesk control panel is working fine. Does anyone know how could I find it / restore it. The plesk version is 8.4.

Thanks..

I did update from Plesk 8.2 to 9.2 successfully, but it did the following, can someo one please help

1. Disabled Sites in IIS Automatically
2. FTP on some accounts says home directory inaccessible
3. Not able to add domain alias says main domain does not exist
4. Disabled all user acccounts in Windows automatically,
5. Not able to add new domains get the following error

Notice: Undefined index: in C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\class.TmplWarnForm.php on line 285

Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Failed mail post-configuration: Can't create mail domain servie: mailManager->addDomain() failed: mailmng failed: IDispatch error #489 (COM Error 800403E9, Description: Another domain with this name already exists.) at execute console command --add-domain
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: DomainPropertiesUIPointer.php:284
DomainPropertiesUIPointer->accessItem_create(string 'POST')
1: DomainPropertiesUIPointer.php:62
DomainPropertiesUIPointer->accessItem(string 'POST', NULL null)
2: UIPointer.php:601
UIPointer->access(string 'POST')
3: plesk.php:43

How can I reconfigure domain and accounts in 9.2 please help its been 4 days we are struggling\

I have another issue..

I cant locate the plesk admin site in IIS. I searched the entire IIS but there was no such entry. Anyway, the plesk control panel is working fine. Does anyone know how could I find it / restore it. The plesk version is 8.4.

Thanks..

If that is still important. I guess Parallels Plesk panel was running under 'apache'. If you want to switch it to IIS you can check the article:
http://kb.odin.com/en/2151

Regards,
Maria

Back