• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade script to 10.3.0 failed...

DavideF

New Pleskian
I've run from my web interface the upgrade script but it failed and now plesk is unoperative.

I've attached the install.log

I've noticed searching around that this may be related to pam module.

When i manually try to run

/pam_plesk_install -m /usr/local/psa/pam_plesk/pam_plesk.so -v

i get

DEBUG:Loading PAM configuration from (directory="/etc/pam.d", file="/etc/pam.conf")
INFO:pAM configuration loaded from (directory="/etc/pam.d", file="/etc/pam.conf"). Configuration contains 52 file(s)
DEBUG:calculating changes for 'auth' stacks
DEBUG:S3:Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/pam_plesk_config/pam_plesk_install.py", line 346, in main
KnownPasswordCheckers, KnownNonPasswordCheckers)
File "/usr/local/psa/pam_plesk_config/pam_plesk_install.py", line 36, in getAuthChanges
(autonomous, commonDict) = authCA.selectServices(confSet)
File "/usr/local/psa/pam_plesk_config/PAMConfig/analyzers.py", line 127, in selectServices
shared = confSet.getCommonServiceNames(self.facility)
File "/usr/local/psa/pam_plesk_config/PAMConfig/confset.py", line 968, in getCommonServiceNames
if self.getConf(c, facility):
File "/usr/local/psa/pam_plesk_config/PAMConfig/confset.py", line 990, in getConf
raise PAMServiceError(service)
PAMServiceError: password-auth

CRITICAL:3:a programming/runtime error

Don't know if this can help.

Any suggestion please?

Thanks.

Attachments

• parallels-installation-log.txt
    56.2 KB · Views: 1
Try to repair installation with bootsrapper repair. (It is described in KB article)

Tryed with bootstrapper but did'nt worked.

/sbin/wrapper was on root:root and i've changed to root:psaadm now i can login again but panel don't load any css or images so i get an ugly unformatted view.

What should i try?

Have you applied any custom skin in 10.2 or in previous version of Plesk?
In 10.3 there were some changes in CSS structure. Maybe your old skin is not compatible with 10.3? Try to install any new skin.

No, i never applied any skin on my own.

Finally i've managed to get the panel back working however. I've reinstalled the 10.2 versione and upgraded again. The PAM error was there again but this time the script didn't interrupt was sucessfull.

Thanks for your advices Igor.

Back