• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade to 10.0.1 - Apache problems

vispa

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have just upgraded one of our servers to 10.0.1 and immediatly in the new control panel it gives me the following red error :-

"Error: New files of configuration for Apache web server were not built due to errors in configuration templates. The detailed error message was e-mailed to you, so please check the e-mail, fix the errors, and click here to retry generating configuration. "

I click retry and it tells me it failed and details have been emailed to me. No email !

Also, apache seems to be hit and miss when checking customer websites. I've knowticed this in the httpd error log :-

[Tue Nov 02 18:48:20 2010] [notice] mod_python: Creating 4 session mutexes based on 10 max processes and 0 max threads.
[Tue Nov 02 18:48:20 2010] [notice] Apache configured -- resuming normal operations
[Tue Nov 02 18:48:33 2010] [error] make_obcallback: could not import mod_python.apache.\n
Failed loading /usr/lib/ioncube_loader_lin_5.1.so: /usr/lib/ioncube_loader_lin_5.1.so: undefined symbol: zend_unmangle_property_name_ex
Failed loading /usr/lib/php/modules//php_ioncube_loader_lin_5.1.so: /usr/lib/php/modules//php_ioncube_loader_lin_5.1.so: undefined symbol: zend_unmangle_property_name_ex
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 22, in ?
import time
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/timemodule.so: failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot allocate memory
[Tue Nov 02 18:48:33 2010] [error] python_handler: no interpreter callback found.

Any ideas?

Is this an upgrade bug?

I was having the same issue - disturbing that I couldn't get the error message. No email, no mail sent in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog - nothing. There is in my opinion nothing more frustrating than an empty or uninformative error. Anyway.. I ran the suggested code above:

# apachectl -t
Syntax OK

I did the following:

# locate vhost.conf
# mv /path/to/vhost.conf /path/to/vhost.conf.debug
# httpd restart

After that it was able to rebuild the configs. Now I just have to figure out what the conflict was..

Hope that helps someone. After the configs were rebuild it also solved a strange issue with all of my domains w/ "www" prefix pointing to the (alphabetically) first vhost on their shared IP..

good solution

go domains
click Domain(Custom) (?)
click here "Error: New web server configuration for some of the subscription's domains was not built due to errors in configuration templates. The detailed error message was e-mailed to you, so please check the e-mail, fix the errors, and click here to retry generating configuration. "

its good for this domain,

Back