• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade to 10.0.1 - massive failure

Phil Wareham

New Pleskian
I initiated the upgrade from Plesk 9.5.3 to 10.0.1 through the control panel -> updater.
That seemed to be going fine at first but something went horribly wrong, now the control panel and all domains are down on the server. On scouring the forums I found and used the following suggestion to fix it:

# /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp10.9.0-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

After a while that failed with the following error message:

WARNING!
During the cannot update db. Please rerun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/db-update-plesk10.php manually found some problems
Continue...

Trying to executing mail_restore to synchronize mail server settings and Plesk Database... done
Trying to start service httpd... done
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

ERROR while trying to execute SQL query, the query was: DELETE FROM BackendCache
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/pp10.9.0-bootstrapper.101125.11.34.log), fix and try again

===> Restoring database from backup /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.dump.gz

**** Product repair failed.

***** problem report *****
ERROR while trying to execute SQL query, the query was: DELETE FROM BackendCache
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/pp10.9.0-bootstrapper.101125.11.34.log), fix and try again

Can someone please help tell me how to resolve this, I have several clients' sites on this server so it's imperative I get this back up and running ASAP.

Thanks,
Phil

OK, running...

# /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp10.9.0-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

..a second time seems to have resolved the problems. The server appears to be up and functioning normal again. Phew.

Back