• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue upgrade to 10.0.64 broke Plesk asking for psa.Smarhost table

jorge ceballos

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.10
Plesk version and microupdate number
Versión 18.0.64
Hope this helps someone if they run into the same situation:

This morning, I found there was a pending update which I proceeded to run.
Finished without any visible error nor showing any mistake, until I tried to go back to the panel and it redirected me to "Repair Mode".
Apparently there were some db inconsistencies which I agreed to repair; after running repair, the panel still was non-working and a message showed stating that the psa.Smarthosts table was missing.
Ran a manual psa db restore to no avail. The table was not there.
Unzipped psa backups and the table did not exist in any of the past backups.
Created an empty smarthosts table using the structure found and provided by Windows copilot -thanks MS - and Plesk came back to life.... but all the WP sites in the server were not able to connect to their respective db.
Tried to recover dbs from their backups but users were not being recognized as they had their privileges gone, so had to recreate them - did not dare to erase them, just re-created them using the same name and confirmed their privileges. This showed error as the new user could not be created as it already existed, but it made the trick and it worked.
After this, db backup recovery was successful and the sites were back to normal.

Don't know if I may be missing something which may come up later when attempting a backup recovery or panel upgrade.
Please advice if you know or think of something I missed.

TIA

this was the table structure I used:

CREATE TABLE psa.Smarthosts (
id INT AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY,
host VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
port INT DEFAULT 25,
username VARCHAR(255),
password VARCHAR(255),
use_ssl TINYINT(1) DEFAULT 0
);

Actually I just ran into an error when pressing the new link "smarthost" in Tools > Email > Smarthost
The error states:
TypeGraphQL Error
MessageSpecified column "encryption" is not in the row

Please advice

Back