• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade to 10.4.4 Plesk component fails to load

Notpleased

New Pleskian
After upgrading to 10.4.4 two things happend.

in Parallels Plesk Panel Components Management section

1. Bind DNS had red X.

2. Plesk for Windows 10.4.4 had red X

For number 1:
So my sites would have DNS I installed Microsoft DNS server and all seemed okay except for the following error messages I am now getting.

The DNS server could not open socket for address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
Verify that this is a valid IP address for the server computer. If it is NOT valid use the Interfaces dialog under Server Properties in the DNS Manager to remove it from the list of IP interfaces. Then stop and restart the DNS server. (If this was the only IP interface on this machine and the DNS server may not have started as a result of this error. In that case remove the DNS\Parameters\ ListenAddress value in the services section of the registry and restart.)

If this is a valid IP address for this machine, make sure that no other application (e.g. another DNS server) is running that would attempt to use the DNS port.

This is happening for all of my IP's on the server.

For problem number 2:

I get the following message in error log

The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at Unable to connect to pipe \\.\pipe\psapipe
at (Con::ClientOverlappedPipe::create line 502)
at get shared instance of PleskSrvClient(PleskSrvClient::getInstance line 257)
at Execute --start-plesk-website(execUtil line 149)
at Start control panel(PleskControlPanel::serviceMain line 107)
at PleskControlPanel::serviceMain(PleskControlPanel::serviceMain line 122)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\PleskControlPanel.exe

I did not see any warnings about these issues when I read the release notes for the Plesk upgrade.

After reading in these forums now I can see that this DNS issue after the upgrade is a problem for many. I also noticed that it was said this problem would be fixed in 10.4.4#6 micro release.

Guess what. It is still a problem !

How about some support please. This is not a good advertisement for your product. I am very close to switching to a more stable product with better support.

Back