• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade to 7.5.1 problem

P

powergen

Hello everybody.

Just the day before Christmas I upgraded to Plesk 7.5.1.

After the upgrade I also updated MySQL and PHP with ART packages.

When I left the shell all seemed to work well, I had accessed to Plesk, all was smooth.

Today I try to connect to Plesk and have no response.

Plesk was down, I try to start it and have this:

Executing /etc/rc.d/init.d/psa start ..

===> Reading /etc/psa/psa.conf ...
Starting named: [ OK ]
Starting postgresql service: su: incorrect password
[FAILED]
websrvmng: failed to open semaphore file /usr/local/psa/var/utilities.sem: Read-only file system
websrvmng: failed to open semaphore file /usr/local/psa/var/utilities.sem: Read-only file system
PHP Warning: failed to open semaphore file /usr/local/psa/var/psasem.sem: Read-only file system in Unknown on line 0
PHP Fatal error: Unable to start psasem module in Unknown on line 0
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpsdctl start: httpd could not be started
Starting Plesk: [FAILED]

Postgres is normal, all other errors are weird though.

Do you have any clue?

Thanks, powergen

Read-only file system

That, in itself, indicates that your file system is set up as Read-Only. This indicates many possible things. The first thing I'd recommend doing is checking the uptime on the box. In my experience, the times that my file system is in Read Only is after a reboot with a problem. Of course, that's my experience, others may have different views on it.

Regardless of the uptime, I'd highly recommend reviewing the /var/log/messages file. Read through it starting on the 24th, since that's when you did your update. See what you see that looks awkward. Look for serious error messages, kernel faults, etc. Once you find them, you'll be able to determine the cause of the problem.

I know it's not much to help, but it's still something. It'll help you get started, and I'm sure others, when reading this, will give more assistance in locating and/or fixing the problem(s) you're having.

Who,

the fact is that with 7.1.5 I was able (at least with no apparent error) to use Plesk while having the /usr partition set on RO.

Now that error shows up with Plesk 7.5.1 and it just doesn't start.

I just guess Plesk was changed: I was told by Scott of ART that on /usr partition Plesk keeps all of its logs, so ... I think it's supposed to be like this.

However I was keeping /usr partition on RO just as a security precaution ...

Back