• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade to 7.5.4 broke php sessions

B

b-nut

Hello,
I upgraded to 7.5.4 on tuesday and everything seemed to go fine.
I started receiving complaints from the other developers accessing the machine that they could not log-in to mambo.

I did some investigating and found that session support is broken in php. New sessions are created but the data does not persist. For example: You can log-in to mambo and see the control panel screen, but clicking on any button brings you back to the login screen. Each time you log-in a new session file is created and the session entry is added to the database. The cookies are also on my client machine.

I added :
Code:
<?php
print_r($_SESSION)
?>
but the array is always empty.

All of these logins worked prior to the 7.5.4 update. I don't think php was even included in the update but somehow the session support has changed.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Try running the command phpinfo() from a php script to output the current php settings. Then look at the sessions section to see if anything looks out of place.

I already looked at the php settings and conf file. I tried adjusting a lot of the session settings as suggested on the mambo forums but that didn't help.

I did a lot of hair pulling exercizes before finally upgrading php to the latest ART rpm. All fixed up now. Life is good. ART rules!

Back