• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade to 7.5.4 successful! Watchdog not working though :(

D

dennysp

Hey guys,
I succesfully upgraded today to 7.5.4. No issues, except the watchdog module never gives me the status of the services.

watchdog.JPG

I have monitoring enabled for all the services , but is not working. I tried stopping httpd for over 20 mins, and the status never changed :( anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks

Hmm, mine isn't showing it Polling either..:confused:

*update* I went into the /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/modules/watchdog and started the monitoring myself via ./start-monit.php. After refreshing the Watchdog page, the services were being polled..

it seems to work semi fine for me.

it reported tonight that apache was not running and is still stopped, however the sites seemed to work fine for me.

besides, anyone registered that the hover - help isnt working ? like - when you mouseover an item, you're supposed to get some information about it in the left pane.

I issued a TT with SW-Soft but the only response I got was that I ought to check my install (I used Plesk autoinstaller) and that I'm not qualifying for support since I bought thru a reseller...

Well that didn't work. Executing the script just runs it once, then it stopped polling again. I don't see any entries in cron to keep it kicking.. Makes me wonder how this is supposed to work.. Trying to execute just ./monit throws errors saying it cant find the control file.

This is still not working, anyone has any suggestions? As soon as a service is stopped, the status goes to gray and stays there. No notification or attempt to restart the service. :(

FYI: There is a recent post (today) in another thread, where it is said that Plesk is aware of some problems with Watchdog (at least related to Qmail).

Sieb - If running the 'start-monit.php' from the command line runs it once, then why not try creating a crontab entry to run it? Remember to use the full path to the start-monit script file...

watchdog won't even load for me from the modules page...

anyone else having that as a problem?

Back