1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrade to 8.2.0: /var/lib/pse/dumps/tmp gets flooded

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Pie'oh'pah, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Pie'oh'pah

Pie'oh'pah Basic Pleskian

23%
    Hi there,

I went through a so called "successful upgrade" and I only did it, because I was under the false impression, that SWSoft would finally provide a solution to the backup failures. Because that's what was on the changelog.

However, since I have done it yesterday my drive on /dev/md6 has grown to no-space-left (in numbers from 1.3Gig to 4.7Gig) in no time.

I deleted the unwanted "fileNhgg5jbJ" files in/var/lib/psa/dumbs/tmp and everything went back to normal.

Now, approx 2 hours later, that drive got spammed again. I have again deleted them. Now I am about to turn of all scheduled backup-jobs to have evidence, they are responsible.

This is just FYI. You'd better check this on your machines, too.

Regards
    - Pie