• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade to 9.0.1?

D

DawnMccarroll

Hello All,

Back in January I contemplated upgrading to 9.0 and got such great response that I decided to only upgrade to 8.6 which went very well. Thank you all for such great advice!

Now I am once again contemplating upgrading to 9.0.1 in order to take advantage of the new webmail program they have introduced. I think it is called AtMail. Anyway, I am truly sick of Horde, but don't want to make the wrong move here.

Any input is appreciated!

Dawn

@mail will only support IMAP, as it doesn't work with MailEnable Standard. I just installed on a Win2k3 server w/ ME STD and it is not an option until IMAP is supported. Hope this helps with your opinion. Side note: if you can use @mail it is far better (IMHO) than horde.

I think you will spend less time configuring a third party webmail client to work with 8.6 than installing/migrating/fixing 9.0.1.

JamesCrown/bbarton,

Thanks for the responses.
It still seems to be the prevailing opinion that we should stick with 8.6 with no change in the near future so I will stick with 8.6.
I guess I need to get recommendations on a webmail/email service combination. Any recommendations on webmail/email? I guess I may have to spend some money. I wish parallels would just give us something that works!

Dawn

Back