• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

upgrade to php5

J

jarin

hi i found this article in the knowledgebase: http://kb.swsoft.com/article_37_378_en.html

but i have no idea how to actually go about accomplishing this. for example, where is the apache modules folder, typically, on a linux server?

does anyone know of a more detailed help file for this procedure? we need php5 to run a certain unicode search script.

thanks!
jarin

thanks for yr reply!

great that the material is on yr site, just wondering if there's a tutorial somewhere that could guide me through it. my host had something for updating mysql that worked great, but i'm having a hard time finding something that will guide me through updating php anywhere on the web.

thanks!

No I don't really have any documentation, in general my design goals are to keep a package change as simple as: yum update. That being said, php5 and 5.1 are a bit more complicated, since they are using different package architectures and incompatible configs. Best bet there is to remove the old php install, and: yum install php php-mysql php-gd etc.

ok thanks for the info, i will do a little more research on how to remove the old install and the commands for installing the new version then give it a whirl!

thanks

Back