1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

upgrade to php5

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by jarin, Jun 26, 2006.

1. jarin

jarin Guest

hi i found this article in the knowledgebase: http://kb.swsoft.com/article_37_378_en.html

but i have no idea how to actually go about accomplishing this. for example, where is the apache modules folder, typically, on a linux server?

does anyone know of a more detailed help file for this procedure? we need php5 to run a certain unicode search script.

thanks!
    jarin

2. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

php5 and 5.1 rpms are available in my archive

3. jarin

jarin Guest

thanks for yr reply!

great that the material is on yr site, just wondering if there's a tutorial somewhere that could guide me through it. my host had something for updating mysql that worked great, but i'm having a hard time finding something that will guide me through updating php anywhere on the web.

thanks!

4. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

No I don't really have any documentation, in general my design goals are to keep a package change as simple as: yum update. That being said, php5 and 5.1 are a bit more complicated, since they are using different package architectures and incompatible configs. Best bet there is to remove the old php install, and: yum install php php-mysql php-gd etc.

5. jarin

jarin Guest

ok thanks for the info, i will do a little more research on how to remove the old install and the commands for installing the new version then give it a whirl!

thanks