• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Upgrade to plesk 12. Now cannot login - ERROR: Exception Function not implemented

It is a virtual machine but I don´t know if our provider runs Virtuozzo. Will be checked with the provider.
Problem stems from a Parallels workaround that we were told to use to fix xinetd being stopped by automatic micro-updates. That script automatically updated Plesk to version 12, which we didn´t want.

Ours are running on Virtuozzo with the following installed.

pp10 - Parallels Hosting Panel Core components for Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.04 (for AMD64/Intel EM64T) EZ template
pp10-migration - Parallels Hosting Panel Migration Tool for Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.04 (for AMD64/Intel EM64T) EZ template
pp10-qmail - Qmail Mailserver for Parallels Hosting Panel for Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.04 (for AMD64/Intel EM64T) EZ template
pp10-spamassassin - SpamAssassin for Parallels Hosting Panel for Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.04 (for AMD64/Intel EM64T) EZ template
pp10-webmail - Webmails for Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.04 (for AMD64/Intel EM64T) EZ template

I´ve got the information from our provider that the problem is already known and is being researched by the provider and Parallels.

Is that what is causing this issue then?

Well, I suppose that tmpfs or shmfs mounted as /dev/shm is missing and causing this issue. To workaround the issue you may try to add it manually to fstab and mounting (however updating the template and containers is probably better). Then you may try running bootstrapper repair to attempt to fix broken Panel (no guarantees though).

[Edit] On a second thought, it would be much better if you could roll back your machine to the state before upgrade and then do everything properly. Otherwise you risk not fixing your installation completely.

Last edited:
Parallels told me a "temporary workaround with adding /dev/shm into /etc/fstab" and running bootstrapper-repair, while the provider has not upgraded the VZ OS template.

I used this to fix my hosts:
Code:
echo "none  /dev/shm    tmpfs   rw,nosuid,nodev 0    0" >> /etc/fstab && \
mount /dev/shm && \
/opt/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair && \
service psa start

Hi,
i posted this in the version 12 forum and was pointed here:

based on the below information, would the solution above work as well?

i use a Webfusion VPS
stupidly i upgraded from 11.5 to 12.018 without first backing up the server - school boy error!

the update stated all was well, and all websites, ftp, Virtuozzo access etc.. all works fine except i cannot login to The Plesk control panel

it states:
ERROR: Exception
Function not implemented

webfusion sent me details of the error
Exception: Function not implemented file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Lock/Manager/Hierarchical.php line: 105

the php file in question simply has random characters displayed and there isn't a line 105:

this is the php contents:
<?php
die("The file {$_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']} is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment.\n");
__sw_loader_pragma__('PLESK12');
?>
H›žÔ×Àè'Œoµà
Ãwóܘ1óŽŠÛê-Ö¼jG1ÈÂ9pÞà‘g’™ø‡+@’x»vQ
H©½á:¼úŸX
vðØãÂ(šîu

i had thought the code above was corrupt code but the fact i was pointed here and a complete newbie that this is the correct output

any feedback must appreciated as i have been abandoned by webfusion unless i want them to wipe my server and start again!
obviously not so just need to be able to login to the control panel

Hi Nikolay and LarsenD,

awesome - job done
for any newbie like me out there who has messed it up as i mentioned above

simply:
login to Virtuozzo
login to SSH Connection (i had to goto control panel and add the SSH connection web address as an exception in the java script security settings as it wouldn't let it run otherwise)
cut and paste the code as above:
echo "none /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0" >> /etc/fstab && \
mount /dev/shm && \
/opt/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair && \
service psa start

click enter
the application runs and does its business
and hey presto i can now login

a massive thanks to the forum guys for this
and a massive thumbs down to webfusion for providing no real advise, no real support other than 'your on your own pal' advise unless you want to pay us lots of money

awesome guys!!!! thanks
this is my first time on the forum, big thanks

Back