• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade to Plesk Windows 11 from 10.4.4

SoftcellH

New Pleskian
Hi,

We are having Plesk for windows v10.4.4

Currently there is MS SQL Server 2005 & 2008 installed on this server whereas Plesk 11+ supports MS SQL Server 2005 & 2012.

Documents shows that it does not have support for MS SQL 2005.

Need to understand how shall we achieve this, if we will have to upgrade MS SQL 2008 to 2012 or how it is ?

Thanks,
Jitendra I.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
However I do not see any roll back option for this upgrade.

I am considering upgrading to version 11.0.9 which is available from my control panel.

Would like to know more about roll back plan option.

Also let me know how much time this upgrade should take.

Just create full backup of your current server before upgrade.
Time of upgrade depends on many factors - number of domains, mailboxes, CPU, memory, etc.

This plesk control panel is running on Virtual Machine with 4vCPU, 8 GB RAM and around 400 domains. It does not hosts any mailboxes. Do you mean we will should take full backup of VM and then restore it in case of roll bacl or else we should just take configuration backup of Plesk.

Please shed some light on restoration/roll back procedure.

Yes, you can just restore backup of your virtual machine in case of broken upgrade. Or you can use transfer - install latest version of Plesk on new virtual machine and use Plesk Migration manager for transfer old Plesk to new. In this case your old Plesk will not be affected somehow and you can switch it to production at any time.

Thanks for the explaination. We would go for taking VM snapshot for the same.

Would like to know if we can perform this activity online or will have to take downtime for this.

Will it stop/start plesk services.

Yes, upgrade procedure requires restarting of Plesk service.

Hi,

Since we have upgraded to Plesk 10.4.4, it is not possible to use domain name as username for control panel whereas same feature was available in earlier versions (9.3.3).
Also we can not use one email address as control panel username for multiple subscriptions/websites.

Please let me know if this is resolved in Plesk 11+ or is there way out.

It is in process...Will need some time since it involves taking downtimes from all the 500+ customers etc.

I am trying to install wordpress from plesk and getting below error....can you please help..

Error: Installation of WordPress at http://testparallels.com/wordpress failed. Non-zero exit status returned by script. Output stream: 'Could not open input file: E:\Program'.....

What does this error mean ??????????

Installation of WordPress at http://arialeya.com/wordpress failed. invalid values passed for settings of application resource; details for setting with id 'admin_name': Please make sure the text you entered starts with a letter and continues with either numbers, letters, underscores or hyphens.

I am using domain administrator as admin which has given full access over domain.
are there any other settings needs to be checked ? does I have to create separate folder 'wordpress' under domain httpdocs and give permissions to it ?

Post upgrade PHP version will be upgraded to 5.3.21, 5.4.11 but what will happen to websites who are running on current control panel PHP versions i.e. 4.4.9 & 5.2.17

Will there be total 4 options to select from PHP versions for individual website ?

Please clarify.

Back