• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade Ubuntu and Plesk - Migration - Or Upgrade PHP

frankx

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am using a virtual server at strato in Germany: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Server + Plesk 11.5. Yesterday I wanted to install Owncloud on one of the subdomains. It says it requires php 5.4. There is no option to chose php5.4 neither the possibilty to install that with plesk on the servers CLI.

Strato offers for a new installation(!) Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server + Plesk 12.0.

How do I migrate my actual plesk configuration with all the Users and Domains completely to the above surrounding? Is that possible?

Or is it possible to upgrade Ubuntu via CLI (it should be at least without plesk) without "hurting" Plesk?

I know there are ways manually installing PHP higher versions and get Plesk to integrate that, but that would be the least interesting option for me.

Thanks in advance, probably not the first one asking this,

Frankx

Thanks, Igor. It says: Transfer is a process of moving hosting data (service plans, accounts, subscriptions with content, and so on) from one Plesk server (source) to another server with Plesk of the same version (destination server).
I have Plesk 11.5 and would be moving to 12.0. Thats not the same version, is it?

I have Plesk 11.5 and would be moving to 12.0. Thats not the same version, is it?
You can perform migration from older version to newer but not vice versa. It is described in supported transfer scenarios in this documentation.

Thanks again. I just got a new vServer to have a destination Server. Its Ubuntu 14.04 and Plesk 12.0. I added the migration manager.

First I ordered Migration and got:

The following objects will not be restored on the destination server because of license key restrictions: Please install on the destination server another license key that supports WordPress Toolkit. 2 Domain(s) werden betroffen sein. Einstellungen ändern

The following Apache modules are not installed on the destination server: authz_default. Please install and enable these modules to prevent possible problems.

The following Apache modules are disabled on the destination server: authz_groupfile,reqtimeout. Please enable these modules to prevent possible problems.

Courier-IMAP is not installed on the destination server. Please install Courier-IMAP by using Plesk Installer.

The php_version 5.3 is not available on the destination server. Instead, Plesk will use the following version: 5.5. To use the same php_version as on the source server, you should turn on or install it on the destination server.
8 Domain(s) werden betroffen sein.

I installed whats recommended, I uploaded licence-key.xml and I do not understand whats the problem with WordPress Toolkit. I used Plesk to install that in two cases.

After that came:

The following objects will not be restored on the destination server because of license key restrictions: Please install on the destination server another license key that supports WordPress Toolkit. 2 Domain(s) werden betroffen sein.Einstellungen ändern

The following Apache modules are not installed on the destination server: authz_default. Please install and enable these modules to prevent possible problems.

Do not know if I really need authz_default nor how to install it. In documentation it says its turned off in optimized mode. Still do not know why I do not get the WordPress Toolkit.

Then I find:

On strato (webhosters) page it says Wordpress-Toolkit appears when more then 10 Domains are registered ...;

after migration I (naturally or logically get):

The data related to WordPress Toolkit will not be restored after transfer because the license key on the destination server does not support WordPress Toolkit. It will be disabled for the following objects

As far as I understand now, this does not affect the Wordpress installations. You only can't manage them with the WP-Toolkit any more. No prob.

Still for intellectual purpose the only question left is if I need authz_default and if so how I get that ...;

Thanks in advance,

Frankx

Last edited:
Back