1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Upgraded to Plesk 7.5, web interface still reading Plesk 7.1!

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by thewolf, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. thewolf

    thewolf Regular Pleskian

    25
    57%
    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2004
    Messages:
    231
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    I manually upgraded (rpm -Uvh *) a Plesk 7.1.7 install on RHL9 to the latest build of Plesk 7.5.4.

    The rpm upgrade apparently completed successfully, but when I pointed my browser to the control panel web interface, it still said Plesk 7.1, instead of Plesk 7.5!

    I checked the rpm db (rpm -qa | grep psa) and I noticed that the psa-7.1.7 and the psa-locale-base-en-US-7.1.7 packages where still installed on the server, along with the psa-7.5.4 psa-locale-base-en-US-7.5.4 packages.

    To fix things, I had to manually remove (rpm -e) the Plesk 7.1 packages and reinstall (rpm -Uvh --force) the Plesk 7.5 packages.

    While reinstalling them, I hit a few issues that stopped the install (I had to force the install a couple of times to get it finally to complete):

    - duplicated tomcat compontent error, version mismatch error (fixed that by deleting the tomcat entries in the Component table in the psa db)

    - version mismatch error: db version 75 vs installed version 71 or something like that (fixed that by editing the /usr/local/psa/version file and updating it to version 7.5.4)

    After that, I also installed the Plesk 7.5.4 hotfix5 since the original rpm -Uvh upgrade command didn't install it for some reason.

    Currently Plesk 7.5 seems to be working fine on the server, but I am afraid something may be broken that I didn't notice yet.

    Is there any way to verify that the install is good and that all is working fine?

    Also, since I need to perform a similar upgrade on another server, how can I prevent the issue of Plesk 7.1 and Plesk 7.5 being both installed on the same server?

    I always performed manual Plesk upgrades (rpm -Uvh *) and never hit such issue before today!

    Thanks.
     
  2. jvanv8

    jvanv8 Guest

    0
     
    Hey Wolf,
    I also upgraded 7.1.7 to 7.5.4 and some things were updted while others ("Welcome to Plesk 7.1") stayed the same...
    I figured that maybe I should just jump to 8.0.0 and now some components say 8.0.0 and others say 7.5.4 and one even says 7.1.7...

    hmm... now that my email is broken, the updater will not run, I think due to mismatches...

    So what did you find was the safest way to fix this?
    Would you recommend what you did?
     
  3. thewolf

    thewolf Regular Pleskian

    25
    57%
    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2004
    Messages:
    231
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    Today I've upgraded another Plesk 7.1 server to 7.5 and I've hit the very same issues as my previous post, I had to fix them manually as for the previous update.

    Since I've to upgrade a few other Plesk 7.1 servers to 7.5, what is the correct procedure for the upgrade?

    Where am I doing something wrong?

    Thanks.
     
  4. schu@

    schu@ Guest

    0
     
  5. schu@

    schu@ Guest

    0
     
  6. schu@

    schu@ Guest

    0
     
    Ok, from the link I posted, I used the instructions noted within that thread. I did not write the following, I'm simply quoting them so someone else might be helped by the same advice. It worked for me after I changed the version number mentioned at the end of the instructions:

    --Quoted from http://forums.theplanet.com/lofiversion/index.php/t60336.html --

    if it still says 7.1.x and you've run the update it's most likely the update failed. You can follow these steps to correct it.

    mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow ` -D psa -e "delete from Components where name='tomcat4'"
    mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow ` -D psa -e "delete from Components where name='tomcat'"

    This part makes psa hang sometimes on update. It's replaced after you run the update so no problems there. Also most folks aren't using tomcat and won't miss it.

    Then rpm -Uvh --force psa-7.5.4.xxxx.rpm

    If you get an error sying mismatched version you should be able to correct that by editing with your favorite text editor (I like vi!) /usr/local/psa/version Make this file say whatever version you're trying to update. (in this case 7.5.4).

    Then re re run your update again.

    This should install plesk to 7.5.4 like you'd like.
     
Loading...