• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrading from 10 to 11 database mysql problem

Jerry3

Basic Pleskian
Upgrading from 11 to 12 database mysql problem

I have a problem upgrading because I use 5.7 mysql and it works great, but upgrade file runs mysqlmng.exe and this file changes my ini file with innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=2M. Problem is that upgrade fails because this variable is not supported in 5.7 any longer :-(

I know mysql 5.7. is not supported, but it is kind of stupid I can not make upgrade till the end (not plesk is half updated with all the modules old) because no matter which module I try to upgrade the mysqlmng.exe is run and it ruins my database ini file.

Where is the option to leave alone my .ini file? How can I disable adding if the variable innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=2M to my ini file? If that variable would not be added every time I run update or if I could disable the mysqlmng.exe --repair-local-service from running plesk could easily be updated ok.

Please help, this is stupid that the forcing of one parameter that is not supported in new mysql stopps the whole upgrade. I tried downgrading my mysql but I can not as the mysql parameter table was upgraded and it doesn't want to start with 5.6, let alone 5.5 or 5.1 now :-(

Yours

Jerry

Last edited:
Sorry, but if you use not supported officially third-party components - you do it on your own risk and you should fix all unpredictable consequences by yourself.

Well, that is the rigid answer of a company employee, isn't it? I asked something else, how to do something concrete, I don't think your installer should mess with my ini file.

The flexible answer would something like mysql 5.7 is not supported, but on my own risk, I could try.... That would be a flexible answer.

And on the last note, supporting only mysql 5.1 is really OUT OF DATE, you know :-( Not only dead, the 5.1 of mysql you support is a DEAD PRODUCT, current releases are 5.6, 5.5 and 5.7. Maybe you should update that fact and help people who have used current mysql versions update to plesk 12. As I am most positive I am not alone here.

Last edited:
It is forum, but not support helpdesk. It is just place for discussions. If I haven's solution - other experienced members of our Plesk community can help you if they have any solutions, recommendations, etc. This is just Plesk community where everyone can help each other.

Back