• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrading from 12.0.18 to 12.5.30

johnny a

New Pleskian
I've read through the documentation and it seems to be a pretty easy process that can be done through the plesk control panel itself. But since I haven't done an update like this before I've got a few questions.

While the plesk panel is is upgrading are the websites going to be offline? If so, any idea of how long?

Also, has anyone else run into any issues I should be aware of while making this upgrade? I just want to make this process as smooth as possible. Upgrades always make me nervous.

Do I need to run the Pre Upgrade Check-up with this upgrade? I wasn't sure if that was for say going from 11.x to 12.5.30.

While the plesk panel is is upgrading are the websites going to be offline? If so, any idea of how long?
Sites configs will be re-generated during the upgrade process. Therefore small downtime is possible. How long? It depends on number of sites, complexity of their configs, etc.
Do I need to run the Pre Upgrade Check-up with this upgrade?
Why not?

The reason I asked about the Pre Upgrade check is because on the https://kb.plesk.com/en/9436 article it says the checker applies to: Plesk 11.0 for linux, Plesk 11.0 for windows, and Plesk 11.5 for windows. I didn't see 12.0 mentioned in the list.

You can find pre-upgrade checker script in

C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL-WIN_12.0.8\panel_preupgrade_checker.php_

Back