• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

upgrading to openssl v1 for plesk 10.1.1

WilliamH

Basic Pleskian
I'm using 10.1.1 Plesk on a Windows 2003 server. I have been told Miva Merchant is using different certs with a new upgrade. This is giving me a shipping error for the store. This is what Miva told me to do to fix this:

"Since you're using the openssl-1.0 certs you need to download and install openssl v1.

http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

You can use the light or full version but you need to make sure you choose 32bit if your OS is 32bit or 64bit if you're OS is 64bit."

My question is: How do I install this without breaking plesk? Do I do this directly like he says to do? Or is there another way to do it since plesk is integrated with the server?

Thank you

Plesk uses openssl-0.9.8 libraries that are shipped and installed in Windows\system32 by default.

Default installer for OpenSSL 1.0.0 will ask whether to copy new binaries to windows\system32 location. So Plesk DLLs will be overwritten. This is unsupported behavior currently.

Probably you can try put new OpenSSL binaries directly in Miva install folder, near mivavmiis.dll, but I'm not sure.

Back