• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrading Zend.

S

seanstephens

Hello All,

So I have to upgrade my ZendOptimizer for a couple of php apps I have to work properly. I have re-installed Zend as per the documentation and then when It re-starts apache I cannot get to any of my websites. If I try to gracefully restart apache I get this error:

(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:443
no listening sockets available, shutting down
Unable to open logs

Now If I comment out the following lines in my php.ini file I can restart everything fine. So what is wrong with the following Zend config?

[Zend]
zend_extension = /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.0.so
zend_extension_manager.optimizer=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-3.0.0
zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer_TS-3.0.0
zend_optimizer.version=3.0.0
zend_extension=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so
zend_extension_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager_TS.so

Thanks for your time.

It is late at night as I type this, so don't assume anything is sensible or correct, but...

On my system at least, the ioncube loader is 4.4, matching my PHP version. Are you using PHP5? What happens if you just comment out the ioncube line?

I'm still on Zend 2.6.2 - I've not tried 3.x yet (which I see you are using)

Faris.

My system is similsr to faris' but I have a line before the ioncube line. Mine looks like this:

[Zend]
zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15
zend_extension = /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_4.4so
zend_extension_manager.optimizer=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-2.6.2
zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer_TS-2.6.2
zend_optimizer.version=2.6.2
zend_extension=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so
zend_extension_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager_TS.so

Try adding the zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15 and see what happens.

You may also wish to check the /usr/local/ioncube directory and make sure the ioncube_loader_lin_5.0.so file exists

Hi Guys, thanks for your response.

I am using Plesk 8 which by default installs php 5.0.4 so I installed the Zend and IonCube to match. Just to clarify Zend version 3.0.0 and IonCube 5. I can load any of the IonCube loaders and still have the same problem so that leads me to believe that it is an issue with the Zend install. Possibly a paths / config issue?

Any ideas on what the first error is?

Thanks.

Sorry guy, you may have php5 installed, but that's not standard on Plesk 8. Plesk 8 uses php5 for the control panel but that's it. Check your component information in the "Server" section. You may have installed the wrong version of Zend.

Originally posted by phoenixisp
Sorry guy, you may have php5 installed, but that's not standard on Plesk 8. Plesk 8 uses php5 for the control panel but that's it. Check your component information in the "Server" section. You may have installed the wrong version of Zend.

If you have FC4, you'll have PHP5 by default, simple as that. Plesk also uses it, and doesn't seem to complain about it either.

Hi Guys,

thanks for the response and yes I am using FC4 and your right it doesnt complain about it until I tried to upgrade Zend. Thats when all the trouble started, so I have reverted back to the original config until I can figure this out.

It doesnt make sense to me that it just wont install correctly so it must be something that I have done. Being as my Zend config inside the php.ini is the same as everybody elses, I'm going to assume that it is correct. What else should I be looking for, I have verified all the paths inside the config file, could it be a permissions issue? Any further insight to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Any idea what this error is and why it would be appearing after I add the zend config into the php.in file?

Unable to open logs

******Update *******
Well upon further testing I noticed that it is not the webserver that is down, but only php pages that dont load. I can still access raw html pages so it must be something to do with php5 and zend. Anybody else experience anything like this?

here is what the error_log has to say:
child pid 14457 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

When I do a ps listing I dont see an apache process with that Id. I see a whole bunch with id's above and below but that one died (sig term makes sense).

Thanks again.

Unable to open logs

This only means that there are still processes running on port 443. You can see the processes using this command:

lsof -i tcp:443

You can than kill them, usually there are some left-over Apache processes running.

The pid that crashes because of the Segmentation Fault is a child process of Apache, which means that you can't track it anymore because it died.

You can check the following logfiles for more info:

/var/log/message
/var/log/httpd/error_log <something like that>

Back