• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Upload Backup via terminal

Anoop

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux83
Plesk version and microupdate number
How to upload or transfer backup files through the terminal, instead of using the panel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_42.jpg
    Screenshot_42.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 6
Look at pmm-ras utility options with:

# plesk sbin pmm-ras --help

It may be something like:

# plesk sbin pmm-ras --import-file-as-dump --dump-file-specification </path/to/backup_info_<number>.xml.tar>

Got the following error
The "not found" error can be misleading. It is displayed, when the backup has been imported before, too. Please check your current backup list in your backup manager to verify that the backup does not yet exist there as a local backup.

The import only imports the backup so that Plesk knows that this backup set exists and displays it in your backup list. It does not restore anything from the backup.

When we download a plesk backup, its as like backupXXX. tar or something like zip file. But when i check on local server, am not found a file like this. so can you please tell me how plesk manage backups files on local system

A local backup consists of many single directories and files. What exactly would you like to do?

1) Identify the path where your local backup structure is stored:
# grep DUMP_D /etc/psa/psa.conf
2) Descend to that path, for example
# cd /home/my_local_backup_storage
3) The data that is related to one specific user from your server is stored in the /clients/<user name> subdirectory. So its full path for the example would be
/home/my_local_backup_storage/clients/<user name>

1) Identify the path where your local backup structure is stored:
# grep DUMP_D /etc/psa/psa.conf
2) Descend to that path, for example
# cd /home/my_local_backup_storage
3) The data that is related to one specific user from your server is stored in the /clients/<user name> subdirectory. So its full path for the example would be
/home/my_local_backup_storage/clients/<user name>
so its included website files, mails and database

Back