• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upload file limit

beuget

New Pleskian
Hi everyone,

I have a big problem concerning the file upload limit (I need a large size, around 2Go) : I was using my app in /var/www/vhost/default and it was working perfectly, I decided to change it and use /var/www/vhost/mydomain.com to have it throught the plesk panel, and there I have an upload limit than I need to push. I can't upload files larger than 128Mo and I don't know why.

- I have checked all php.ini files (with locate php.ini) and they are all correct.
- I used plesk panel to set php conf -> done.
- I put :
php_value memory_limit 2000M
php_value upload_max_filesize 2000M
php_value post_max_size 2000M

in my .htaccess in htdocs

- I put a vhost.conf and a vhost_ssl.conf in /var/www/vhost/mydomain.com/conf with :

<Directory /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/htdocs/>
php_value upload_max_filesize 2000M
php_value post_max_size 2000M
php_value memory_limit 2000M
</Directory>

- I disabled nginx.
- I edited /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/domain/domainVirtualHost.php to put : FcgidMaxRequestLen 2147483648
- I tried :
#grep attach_size_limit /etc/psa-webmail/horde/imp/conf.php

$conf['compose']['link_attach_size_limit'] = 0;
$conf['compose']['attach_size_limit'] = 0;

I reload/restart apache2, psa, ... And it still doesn't work, I have no more idea every conf file seems correct. It's not a permission problem because I can upload some 80Mo files but not 500Mo ...

Someone has an idea ?? I need to fix it fast

Thanx !!

I am currently struggling with this similar issue. I have no idea why they hard coded the FcgidMaxRequestLen in the default template. It's a pain and I hate modifying stock templates for something that should either be configurable per site or rely on the server's setting in /etc/httpd/conf.d/fcgid.conf

After you modified /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/domain/domainVirtualHost.php did you run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain <domainname>

Thanks,

Doug

I have no idea why they hard coded the FcgidMaxRequestLen in the default template

After you modified /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/domain/domainVirtualHost.php

The first statement is incorrect. The templates are there to define a standard, which every single Plesk user may change, using custom templates

The second quote should be corrected to the way, that templates are supposed to be changed in Plesk:

Changing Virtual Hosts Settings Using Configuration Templates ( Online Advanced Administration Guide, Plesk 12.0 for Linux )

If you are looking for suggestions, how to change templates, it could be as well a good idea to use the "Forum Search" with the words "changing template" ( or similar search words ).​

I've already created a custom template in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/domain and I understand about defining a standard. I'm merely going on what the original poster said they modified. How does every Plesk user have the ability to change custom templates? Every admin can change them but every user?

Why pick only one of the fast cgi parameters to put in default template then? Since it's in the virtualhost directive, it overrides the setting defined in /etc/httpd/conf.d/fcgid.conf and for those of us that upgraded from an older version of Plesk, made it difficult to determine the issue.

Every admin can change them but every user?

Due to the case, that this forums contains mostly questions from Plesk administrators and server administrators, I didn't think of a difference between "users" and "admins", when I stated my post. You are right to correct this - I appologize.

The standard configuration(s) from your vendors webserver version ( which isn't shipped with Plesk! ) sometimes don't meet standards, which Odin/Parallels recommends for its products/customers, so the virtual default templates fit the recommendations. Feel free to adjust it to your own, specific needs, please, as mentioned in the Administration Guide.

I've already done so. I'm just trying to provide some info to OP since he said he needed a fix fast and no one had replied to him. I'm not sure why you felt the need to jump on my case about this rather than help OP but that's fine.

Back