• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved 413 Request Entity Too Large - after changing Domainname

Lychnobius87

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.56 #4
Hello All,

i've been running into an really strange issue with Plesk and Prestashop. But i think the issue is located at Plesk.
After searching at the Web and this Forum for now nearly 3 Days, i don't have solution. So i hope that someone is able to help me.
My last Experience with Plesk is nearly 10 years in the Past, but was a great one.

Here's the real issue and the Strange behavior i could figure out so far:
1. While the webspace has an temporary-adress, all is working fine. Uploading files without any issues.
2. After switching to the real address, I'm no longer able to upload anything. Everytime the same Error, as mentioned in the Topic.
2.1 I already tried nearly any solutions i could find, from nginx.conf to panel.ini (I'll attach the nessesary files below)
3. When switching back to the temporary address admiring-dirac.ip-address-of-server.plesk.page, all is working fine again!

I can switch continously back an forth an the behavior of the NGINX Error will stay the same as described.
My concerns are really about the functionality of other pars of Prestashop, as well as i could not upload any Product-Pictures or other things.

Hopefully anyone has an idea of this.

Information of the Configuration:
Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Edition
Version 18.0.56 Update Nr. 4

Standard Plesk installation so far, Prestashop uses php7.3 - so i got this installed too.

grep "post_max_size\|upload\|memory" /var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/etc/php.ini
file_uploads = On
max_file_uploads = 20
memory_limit = 256M
mysqlnd.collect_memory_statistics = Off
post_max_size = 2000M
upload_max_filesize = 2000M

nano /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini
[webserver]
nginxClientMaxBodySize = 2000m

Thanks so far and greetings.

Attachments

• Plesk nginx.png
    Plesk nginx.png
    107.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Plesk php.png
    Plesk php.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 10
Very likely the issue is caused by either a Rewrite rule in .htaccess with a static domain target (and the false domain that no longer applies to the configuration), or "includes" in scripts that try to include a file by URL where the URL is no longer the correct URL. Both can lead to infinite loops of "includes" so that the resulting page gets bigger and bigger when rendered. Example: A snippet to include cannot be found. That throws a 404-not-found, but a file or configuration defines that in such cases the homepage shall be delivered. That page again has an include of an URL that cannot be found, so again instead the homepage will be shown etc. I am pretty sure that if you search in this direction you'll find the root cause of the 413-request-entity-too-large.

I though so too and had already removed presta-shop completly and Installed new.
A few times by now. Even Installed it directly to the fresh greated new domain, i bought one separated only for the shop purpose, but again.

Even with nginx upload set to 2000, i run in this error again.

So it couldn't be an wrong entry in some config.

Man i even had an extra-user, only for this domain and it doesn't work.

I'm kinda desperate by now, cause i could not figure it out. Everyday this shop won't work is lost money for our business.

Regards,
Lychnobius

I think the Issue could be marked as Solved.
Somehow the domain got screwed up with the Certificate and gone back an forth between IPV4 and IPV6.

After removing the IPV6 settings complete and re-assign the certificate, all runs smooth by now.

Regards,
Lychnobius

Back