• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Urchin v5.6.00r2 for Advanced Statistics

U

urtech

Hello,

I work for University Relations of Michigan State University and we are looking into using Urchin to analyze our access logs being as they offer a turnkey solution to do so. On their website (http://www.urchin.com) they say that they are partners with Plesk but it seems as though this might be referring back to the earlier version of plesk (ie PSA etc).

When urchin is configured, I am pointing urchin to the logs located at vhosts/domain.msu.edu/statistics/logs/ for the location of the log files.

The problem resides in that when urchin processes the log files, it seems to not be able to find the referrerers to the websites like webstat does. When viewing the logs found at vhosts/domain.msu.edu/statistics/logs/ i find that this file does not contain that information, thus it is not coming straight out of the IIS in the conventional W3C log format.

Is there a process that plesk runs that takes the logs IIS captures and separates them for each domain and strips some information out of the files?

If so, is this process statistics.exe that is running in the scheduler? Webstat's is reciving the referrel information so it must be gettign altered somewhere along the line.

Please let me know!

Chris Harper
[email protected] - remove nospam from address

Back