• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Urgent - After clean install my Plesk key doesn't work anymore (BAD ARGUMENTS)

Polmonino

New Pleskian
This is a serious issue and I'm really disappointed.

I have a fully working clean installation of Plesk 12 + updates (CentOS 6.5 x64). Previous installation was a test and was working just fine with the license file.

Today I did a clean install. When I tried to restore my original key file (Parallels Plesk Panel 10.x/11.x and Later 100 Domains w/1 yr SUS) I get the following error:

Code:
ERROR: bad arguments (key_upload.php:76)

As result I'm not able to create domains and start using the server/panel.

How can I solve this problem?

1. Existing Plesk 11 Monthly Lease license is supported in Plesk 12.
2. Existing Plesk 11 Purchased license should have active SUS, then the license version will be upgraded automatically during Plesk upgrade to v12.
3. If you want new Edition-based Plesk 12 license, you need to terminated the old one and buy new (there is no conversion from old licenses to new Edition-based licenses).

Contact your sales representative if you have any other license related questions.

I have the exact same issue. When uploading and submitting the Plesk Licence Key XML file, i get: "ERROR: bad arguments (key_upload.php:79)"

00000437.png

This is not after upgrading, just simply installing a new key since the old one expired.

Thanks, James.

Back