1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent new domain account at the server

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by alessandro, Aug 19, 2005.

1. alessandro

alessandro Guest

Hello Everyone.....

I did buy a new server and i am configuring it....so, i did create a new account and registered the new domain and is ok at the internet to be view the address and i did upload the files to the server ftp. But, when i am going to the address: http://www.cybchat.com that is the new domain, the server is asking for a login and password and i have the normal index file there, so, what can to be it and how to fix it please guys!

thank you very much.

2. mrbister

mrbister Guest

Logon to the control panel and use the filemanager to check user rights on your index-file, or try IIS admin and check from there if it's something wrong with the credentials.

btw, don't double-post same message in several sub-forums.

-Jonas

3. alessandro

alessandro Guest

Urgent

Hello,

First thank you for you replay message and sorry about the double message....

So, is my first time that i use the plesk and i am liking this system, but i do not know why, is asking for pass and login when i try to entry in http://www.cybchat.com.

I saw where you told me, but i didn't saw nothing that cna to be wrong. But anyway, i am learning about plesk yet.

So, is not possible i give to you the access admin and you help to fix it, please?

4. OlegB

OlegB Guest

Most likely that this domain is misconfigured within IIS. To be exact password for IUSR_ user within IIS and system are different. You can synchronize them using Plesk utility:

%plesk_bin%\websrvmng.exe --remove-vhost
    %plesk_bin%\websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-vhost

5. alessandro

alessandro Guest

Right

Thank you my friend...