• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue URGENT ! No space left on plesk

elaa

Basic Pleskian
URGENT !

Hello I was trying to free up some space in plesk and I found that backup is taking so much place, so I tried to download one I thought It would be downloaded on my computer but suddenly I got a 500 error telling me that there is No space left on device I tried to free up same space using the repair kit, but I got this
Plesk could not free up any disk space. We recommend connecting to the server via SSH or RDP and cleaning up some disk space manually.
I tried RDP but I got
remote desktop can't connect to the remote computer plesk
how can I free up some space without accessing plek and wht should I do ?

1) Relax.
2) Rethink what you are doing when trying to connect through SSH to your Linux console. If it does not work, is the host name correct? Is the login name correct? Is the password correct?

You need to login to your operating system in order to free space on the hard disk manually. There is no other way to do it.

1) Relax.
2) Rethink what you are doing when trying to connect through SSH to your Linux console. If it does not work, is the host name correct? Is the login name correct? Is the password correct?

You need to login to your operating system in order to free space on the hard disk manually. There is no other way to do it.
I am using Windows So I tried RDP I tried to insert the IP of Plesk and I got error telling me
remote desktop can't connect to the remote computer

Are you using Windows on the computer that is hosting Plesk? Or are you using Windows yourself but the computer where you are hosting Plesk uses Linux? If the computer where Plesk is hosted uses Linux, you need to login by SSH, e.g. with a client like PuTTY. If the computer where Plesk is hosted on is a Windows machine and you cannot connect to that machine, you need to ask your data center why you cannot connect it or what the correct credentials are.

yes
Are you using Windows on the computer that is hosting Plesk? Or are you using Windows yourself but the computer where you are hosting Plesk uses Linux? If the computer where Plesk is hosted uses Linux, you need to login by SSH, e.g. with a client like PuTTY. If the computer where Plesk is hosted on is a Windows machine and you cannot connect to that machine, you need to ask your data center why you cannot connect it or what the correct credentials are.
yes the computer where Plesk is hosted on is a Windows machine. I got plesk through OVH is that mean that I need to ask them.
If I upgraded Plesk would that fix the problem ?

No, an upgrade will not fix it. You need to free space on your disk.
What you could try is to upgrade the disk space (e.g. if it is a virtual server and that option is available). But even in that case it is highly recommended to be able to access the operating system on your server. There will always be some tasks that you need to do on the OS level.

What you could try is to upgrade the disk space (e.g. if it is a virtual server and that option is available). But even in that case it is highly recommended to be able to access the operating system on your server. There will always be some tasks that you need to do on the OS level.
It turns out that I have a Home edition of windows that does not support Remote Desktop, So I can't use RDP

I want to know if upgrading from Plesk Web Admin Edition to Plesk Web Pro Edition whould it upgrade the storage ?

I want to know if upgrading from Plesk Web Admin Edition to Plesk Web Pro Edition whould it upgrade the storage ?
The Plesk edition is specified only by the installed license type, so it doesn't matter what is your storage.

Back