• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved URGENT: Unexpect500 Internal Server error

brownbag

Basic Pleskian
Hi all.
I'm getting a 500 Internal Server error whenever I try to access my sites (on all subdomains). It was all working fine last night but woke up to see this error.

I can access the file system, database etc and that is all fine.

I'm not out of disk space and CPU usage is good.

I've tried a restart but I'm not really sure what else to do and it is a critical system. I can't see anything obvious in the logs.

I'm trying to find the web.config file on my system in order to modify it to give more detailed error messages but I don't seem to have such a file on my filesystem. What is the equivalent?

Are there any other ideas on how to diagnose this? If someone is available and can assist directly through screenshare, I'd be happy to cover your costs.

TIA.

Hi all.
I'm getting a 500 Internal Server error whenever I try to access my sites (on all subdomains). It was all working fine last night but woke up to see this error.

I can access the file system, database etc and that is all fine.

I'm not out of disk space and CPU usage is good.

I've tried a restart but I'm not really sure what else to do and it is a critical system. I can't see anything obvious in the logs.

I'm trying to find the web.config file on my system in order to modify it to give more detailed error messages but I don't seem to have such a file on my filesystem. What is the equivalent?

Are there any other ideas on how to diagnose this? If someone is available and can assist directly through screenshare, I'd be happy to cover your costs.

TIA.
On waking, I have encountetered the same today, 32 sites down issuing the same error. I used plesk tool to check for errors and none were identiified. I then carried out a soft restart and am no longer able to access the server with MariaDB also unreachable.

Back