• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Urgent! Where does Plesk temporary store backups?

theywill

Basic Pleskian
CentOS 6
Plesk 12.x

Last night I was running the fullbackup.php script. It filled up my root volume and I need to find out where those files are and delete them right away.

Any help?

Thank you,
James

Hi theywill,

please locate files with "find", "locate" on linux.

For example ( if you used the fullbackup.php as described at http://kb.odin.com/113252 , then you used a prefix like "fullbackup_<datestamp>" ) :

updatedb
locate fullbackup_
Be aware, that you might have as well temporary files in your temp - folder on your system ( "/tmp" ?!? ... this depends on your very own specific system configurations! ). Please check it to delete unneeded files.

Fullbackup.php is a script provided by Plesk/Odin.

For the record, it looks like this is the temporary location for that script. It ignores the configuration of the Plesk backup service.

/usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp/backupcufipn

I was able to find and delete the temporary file.

Best regards,
James

Back