• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question use docker image without port mapping

Fabian H

Basic Pleskian
I installed the latest biospheere/promcord image as docker container.
But if I disable automatic port mapping, no manual port mapping is available. As in the docs, the container does not allow ports.
But I asked the author of the application for the standard port, it should be 8080.
After starting the docker container, no errors are in the console. I curled from localhost to port 8080 but there is just a refused connection.
Because of that, I cannot setup a docker rule to this application to reverse-proxy a subdomain to the container.

Any ideas?

You can archive it by doing some voodoo in the shell.

List your containers with
Code:
docker ps

Now, clone the container which has no port mapping enabled (in my case the name of the container is promcord) with
Code:
docker commit promcord promcord_2

Now run the new container initially with the ports you want to expose:
Code:
docker run -p 8080:8080 -td promcord_2

You can now find and modify the newly created container in plesk.

Back