• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

User management & Plesk

SAngeli

New Pleskian
Hi,
I am learning how to use Plesk through “Customer's Guide, Plesk 12.0” manual from Odin website. I fail to understand how Plesk manages users.
I have a VPS Cloud plan at OVH with Plesk 12 Web Admin + CentOS 6.6

To better explain my questions here is what I was used to, when dealing with a shared hosting plan (with up to 5 domains) and used DirectAdmin. In my disk space account, out of several folders and files, I had three major folders:

SOLOXfP.png

Question 01

So, basically all was organized very very well and it was so easy to find where user data are stored.
Moreover and most important, I had 1 account only that would allow me to access via DirectAdmin, FTP or SSH my entire disk space with all the above directories.
Is this possible to do the same with Plesk? If not, can you elaborate how does Plesk work and how and where does Plesk store the same above main folders? I wish to know where main is kept for all domains, and so on....

Question 02
I know it is possible to use “admin” user account to manage all domains via Plesk.
I also know, when creating a new domain, that Plesk asks me to create a new username account. What is this domain account needed for? What can I access with this account and what kind of user account is it?

Question 03
I noticed it is not possible to create a new user account, when creating a new domain, with the an exisitn user name being used for anothe domain. I have 4 domains to manage and wanted to create a user account with the same user name but different password. This is not possible. Is this correct? If so, how come?

Questions 04
When I ftp to my VPS I am unable to access my entire VPS disks space. The only thing that I can do is access with domain username credential but this way I only see data from that domain.
I wish to be able to have 1 admin account where I can FTP or SSH to the entire VPS and see all data.
Is this possible under Plesk?

Question 05
If I created a domain with a user account, is it possible to add additional accounts, delete the original user account (after having created a new one), edit or rename the user account name? If yes, where exactly I can do so?

Question 06
I was given from OVH an “admin” and a “root” account. I believe “admin” is only used for logging in into Plesk, correct? What is “root” account for?

Question 07
2SBEHxn.png

Even if it is in Italian I hope you understand it. I wish to ask what is the use of "In uno spazio web esistente". Is this selection perhaps just what I having in the past with DirectAdmin, meaning alll data are store all in one domain, even if other domains differ from the same selected domain.

Thank you

Last edited:
Back