• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

User Permissions and PHP with Plesk

K

kermite

I have an application that creates files within a domain automatically (using PHP). Because Apache is being run by the user apache, these files are being created user:group apache:apache.

That is fine, except when it comes to modifying these files, I cannot do so via the ftp user (mcartcarts) because it does not have permissions to.

I have gone so far as to add that user to the apache group, but alas, no luck. Even if the file has rwxrw-rw- permissions, the mcartcarts user cannot SEE or WRITE the file.

I am told that this is due to the suexec that php/apache runs with from plesk - but surely there must be a way around this? is there? it would be an EXTREME pain to have to chown the files EVERY time I want to edit them....

Running Plesk Reloaded 7.5.1 on Fedora

Thanks for any info that you can provide...

Cheers

Mike

Since no-one is able to help here - can you suggest a place to get help from? I have already paid for Plesk, so I am not thrilled about paying for support from them.... is there a forum that they monitor? Is there some better resource for finding the answer this question?

Thanks.

This forum is not meant to support customers by means of SW-Soft staff. Please read the front page.

The SWSoft Online Forum has been open to allow our customers to assist each other with questions regarding the use of PSA and Plesk software. Although it is monitored by the SWSoft staff it is not our intent to address support requests from within the forum. Any support requests should be submitted through our Online Support Form.

The online support form is located at https://register.sw-soft.com/support/form.php. If your control panel is working you can also login to the that, click on the "Server" section then the "Support" button. This will auto-fill most the info SW-Soft needs(Key#, OS, etc) when assisting you.

As far as paying for their support, if the problem is within their software they won't charge you(or shouldn't anyways).

Back