• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Using only Mail, Webspace on another server, how to setup?

H

Hanniball

Hi there,

I have Plesk 8.1.0 running and I have a domain, where it's webspace is located on another server. The DNS is done external, I already checked, that www is on IP 1 (server with only webspace) and mail is on IP 2 (server with Plesk).

Now, do I have to change something within the domain on the Plesk server, as it is not responsable for the webspace, just mails should run with this domain there. And if so, what do I have to change? I created the domain as a forwarding webspace, pointing to the IP with the correct IP of the webspace server.

Thx in advance,

Hanniball

Hanniball,

you have nothing to do.
As DNS is external, you don't have to care at all about web-space setup in Plesk. You can remove the domain-hosting completely if you like (as the DNS is external anyway and so no visitors will actually get onto the Plesk-Server as long as they don't go to the IP of the Plesk-Server directly).

Back