• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Using SSL on multiple mail domains

roody

New Pleskian
Hey Plesk Community!

Looking for some guidance on something I have been looking to resolve.. Currently I'm running one domain "main.com" as the main subscription and have two other domains "domone.com" and "domtwo.com" in this account. I have SSL running on "main.com" so I have redirected plesk to an access domain "random.com:8443" its also working fine with SSL, also worth noting both domains "domone.com" and "domtwo.com" have running SSL. So basically SSL is working fine on all domains and I have plesk panel redirected to a special access domain that is also working with SSL.

The issue herein lies with the mail, when adding a mail account from "main.com" or "domone.com" or "domtwo.com" to an android phone you get certificate errors and depending on the device or application used it will not let you proceed. The certificate that shows up on the phone is the one under Server Managerment > Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS Certificates under the part "Certificates currently in use for securing Plesk server". What I cannot understand is how one default certificate can secure all of the domains in use. So

How can I secure the mail for each domain with its own certificate? Or perhaps maybe I have done something wrong?

i have basically the same issue. a smartphone will not accept whatever i do (a pc can be made to accept)
what i found so far is that the question comes down to 2 specific questions:
a) which certificate do i bind into dovecot and postfix
/etc/postfix/postfix_cert.pem
/usr/share/courier-imap/imapd.pem
the one for the server (say server.info)? for the domains, i have more than one, say domain1.com and domain2.com
b) when i bound a trusted cert for domain domain1.com into dovecot and postfix for test, it was still not accepted, as
it showed up as imap.domain1.com.
that would mean to have not only domain 1 and domain2 certs, but also each case pop3, imap,smtp certs?

and if so, how to bind them into dovecot and postfix?

Back