• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Using StartSSL wildcard certificates on mulitple sites.

I have my Plesk control panel secured with a wildcard certificate eg ( *.domain.com) however I don't seem to be able to set it as the certificate for the web site hosted on this domain. eg (https://www.domain.com) - when I try this I get a message about a self-signed certificate that has expired.
Also if I create a new subscription using a subdomain, I should be able to use this certificate, but I can't see any way to assign it.

Prior to Plesk 10, it did seem to be possible to assign a server wide wildcard certificate to various subdomains, but now I can't seem to do it.

I don't want to sign up for a separate certificate for each domain or subdomain, as this is too expensive, and most of the time complete overkill for the level of security required, as well as requiring additional IP addresses.

As well as installing the existing certificate for new or existing sites, I think I need to be able to NOT use it for email, as remote SMTP servers seem to almost randomly identify the server as any one of the domains hosted on my server, and I'm concerned a certificate that doesn't match the domain will result in TLS failures.

Also I'm using a certificate from StartSSL.com, which has only relatively recently gained full support by most web browsers. I'm not sure about how many SMTP servers recognise StartSSL.com as a certification authority.

To be safe, I'd like to be able to use the default self-signed certificates for qmail, but have Apache use the same certificate I've secured the Plesk control panel with.

Back