• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Using symlink for subdomain

  • Thread starter michaelespinosa
  • Start date
M

michaelespinosa

Guest
I have a example.com and assets.example.com - I want assets.example.com come to serve the files at example.com/assets/. I created the subdomain in Plesk then went in did a symlink on the subdomains httpdocs directory to example.com/assets. When I load the assets.example.com I get a 403 forbidden. I am doing it wrong? Is there a better way? Thanks in advance for any help.
 
Is it a php site? Most likely if you check your error log it'll say "Open base dir restriction etc. Access Denied" you'll need to modify your apache setup (check the forum/google open_base_dir) to remove the open_base_dir restriction or change the definition such that /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs is one of the paths avaialbe to /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/subdomains/assets/httpdocs

If it's not open_base_dir you'll need to say what the error is that apperas in your apache access log (Desktop->Start->LogAdmin) so someone here can point you in the right direction

hth

AD
 
Back
Top