• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Using Webmail with FastCGI (and mod_php5 disabled)??

rosskendall

Basic Pleskian
I have my server and plans configured so that all domains work with PHP as FastCGI only. I had then disabled mod_php5 via "Tools & Settings > Apache Modules" in the Plesk panel (to reduce the memory footprint of the apache process).

This has been working great for me with no problems at all.

However, I have now moved some domains to this server that need to use webmail. I have spent a few hours today frustrated that webmail wasn't working (it was giving me the login.php file from webmail to download instead of executing via php). The only way I could get it working was to re-enable the mod_php5 (which I don't want).

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting webmail working using FastCGI? For example, is there an appropriate apache conf template that I can edit somewhere?

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I'm using Horde.

Alexey, I had specifically wanted to disable mod_php5 to optimise the performance of Apache. Does using the site isolation settings have the same effect? (subscriptions are already restricted to only fastcgi through plan settings)

Will the site isolation settings apply to the webmail - since the fastcgi hosting settings for the account didn't seem to.

Thanks,
Ross.

Back