• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue /usr/bin/env: node: No such file or directory

Shibumi

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
we have manually installed nodejs version 10.14.2 on our CentOS Server with Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 Update #35 as described on this website:
How to add a new node.js version for the Node.js Manager on Plesk?

The version shows up correctly in PLESK an we can select the version for the domain. But when we try to execute NPM install we get the following message:
/usr/bin/env: node: No such file or directory

How can we add the PATH /opt/plesk/node/v10.14.2/bin for PLESK?

For command line we could add the PATH manually but not for the control panel.

Thank you in advance for any help.

With best regards,

This seemed to work just fine for me:

nvm install v10.15.0
cp -R ~/.nvm/versions/node/v10.15.0/ /opt/plesk/node/
plesk sbin nodemng register /opt/plesk/node/v10.15.0/bin/node​

I ran NPM Install, on the app and restarted it (it was previously running just fine on node v9.10.1

I did that too. Version 10.14.2 shows up correctly in Plesk but I get that message only when selecting this version. All the other versions installed with Plesk are have no problems running NPM install.

i have a clean version of plesk on a brand new server, went to extensions and installed node and am using node 12, i am getting the same error when trying to run my node app.

/usr/bin/env: node: No such file or directory

but when i do
[root@host httpdocs]# ll /usr/bin/env
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 29008 Aug 20 2019 /usr/bin/env

So you can clearly see that it does indeed exist.

Hi, I fix the issue creating a soft link with the next command:

ln -s /opt/plesk/node/12/bin/node /usr/bin/node

This create a link in /usr/bin/node to /opt/plesk/node/12/bin/node. The Plesk interface search the node file in /usr/bin/.

I don't know why plesk does that but knowing that it looks for the file in that path, I have created the soft link and it has worked for me.

Glad I found this, ivan.martil's symlink fix worked perfectly for me when adding node v14.15.1
Hi, I fix the issue creating a soft link with the next command:

ln -s /opt/plesk/node/12/bin/node /usr/bin/node

This create a link in /usr/bin/node to /opt/plesk/node/12/bin/node. The Plesk interface search the node file in /usr/bin/.

I don't know why plesk does that but knowing that it looks for the file in that path, I have created the soft link and it has worked for me.

Back