• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved /var/log/mail.log: failed with return code 67

Vipa

Basic Pleskian
I found this error message in the mail.log and I am curios why this happens.

Apr 8 15:07:59 srv02 dmarc[20617]: Mail delivery from '/opt/psa/handlers/spool/message1JprPL' to '[email protected]' into 'INBOX.Spam' failed with return code 67
[email protected] is no inbox it is just used to forward this messages to different mail accounts.
So I suspect that's why the mail cannot be moved into INBOX.Spam. Am I right?

But I suspect this was the mail gets lost instead of being somewhere in a Spam folder.
I can deactivate Spamassassin for this mail account to prevent it from trying to move the mail into a nonexistant inbox folder. But afaik I cannot prevent DMARC from doing this. So if a mail is sent to this account and it is a false positive it is lost.

Any chance I can prevent this or am I totally wrong about this?

Thanks

ok, looks like the mails are still forwarded to the other accounts.

Just found this article which is directly related to my problem:
Amazon mails moved to SPAM folder when DMARC is enabled

But there was no dmarc.conf at the given location (/etc/psa/dmarc.conf) so I just created it. Is this going to work?

And another related question. In former plesk versions it was possible to whitelist domains. I could not find this option in plesk onys 17.8.11. Only IP networks are possible.

Whitelist: What you have seen is the server white list for networks. But what you are seeking is the SpamAssassin white list for domain names. This can be configured in the individual mailbox spam filter settings. Click on the mailbox name, then on "Spam Filter", open the "+ Show Advanced Settings" section.

plesk.jpg

Thank you for your response.

This is for a single e-mail address and only for spamassassin, right?
Any chance to do this for a domain? I mean a whitelist for all emails on a domain. And for dmarc as well?

Last edited:
The SpamAssassin software has two configuration modes: One is "server-wide" and the other one is "mailbox" (they probably call it different, but that's what it does). There is no "domain" mode where all mailboxes of a domain can be summed up in a single configuration. You will need to set the white list for each mailbox.

P.s.: I want to add that Plesk DOES support server-wide settings, too. Just not the domain settings. If you are looking for server-wide white lists, then go to
Tools & Settings > Spam Filter > White List. However, this affects all incoming mail.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately the server-wide whitelist is only for ip-ranges, not for domains.

Again: Tools & Settings > Spam Filter > White List.
This is a separate entry in Tools & Settings. It is not the page in the mail server configuration that you are looking at.

Back