• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Various Problems with Upgrade from Plesk 11.5 to 12

Mr Fett

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

Like many (and as expected to be honest) I'm experiencing various problems after the update from Plesk 11.5 to 12.0.18, here's a summary which I'll update as I find fixes. The server I'm on is a Server 2008 R2, fully up to date. I rebooted before and after the installation and there were no errors during the update.

WEBSITE ISSUES

PHP Session Variables Problems
One of my previously functioning websites is getting the following error:

PHP Warning: session_start(): open(C:\Windows\Temp\sess_moe3p3b59b51i29h5vfo8fo1o1, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in F:\PLESK\WWW\screpr.com\httpdocs\index.php on line 2
PHP Warning: Unknown: open(C:\Windows\Temp\sess_moe3p3b59b51i29h5vfo8fo1o1, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (C:\Windows\Temp) in Unknown on line 0

The problem only occurs if session variables are used - here's the test page code generating the error:

<?
session_start() ;
$_SESSION['tester']="test";
?>
<!doctype html>
<html>
<body>
<h1>Hello World</h1>
</body>
</html>

Frustratingly until the admin section problems are fixed, I can't try resetting the PHP version, etc.

PLESK ADMIN ISSUES

All Subscriptions Missing

Right off the bat, clicking 'Hosting Services > Subscriptions' shows 'No Items Found' - initiate panic.

Can't Login to Subscriptions

I was able to view my subscriptions via the 'Business Operations > Subscriptions' section of Plesk but clicking login yields an error like "Error: Subscription with such external id B7D16FCB-F669-4BA5-ABBA-987E3ADED085 does not exist"

Can't Login as Reseller

A new feature I was pleased to see was the 'Login' feature under Hosting Services > Resellers but unfortunately clicking it simply returns me to the homepage of the Plesk with an error like "login_up__billing_local_credentials_for_global_account"

WordPress Installations

The "Scan" never finds any installations despite there being about 20 on the server.

I'm documenting these problems as part of my review on my blog: http://bobmckay.com/i-t-support-networking/plesk/parallels-plesk-12-review

Last edited:
Hello,
I'm going to upgrade too, do I have to expect those errors too or is there a new, fixed, upgrade file?

You can fix the session for particular domain and for that go to plesk >> domain >> website and domains >> click on domain name >> PHP settings >> in tha you will find session save path in that select custom from drop down and set the path to C:\Windows\Temp

Back